This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to develop distributed applications using WCF 4 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement Service-Oriented Architecture tenets in WCF services
- Host WCF services in a variety of Windows hosts
- Define and implement WCF service contracts, data contracts, and message contracts
- Use multiple endpoints with various messaging patterns
- Test, troubleshoot, monitor, and diagnose WCF services
- Ensure service reliability using transactions and message queues
- Secure WCF services using message and transport security
- Extend WCF using behaviors, dispatchers, inspectors, and formatters
Online LIVE - 3 Day(s)
This course is intended for professional .NET programmers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Students should have experience consuming services within their Web and/or Windows client applications and be interested in learning to develop service-oriented applications (SOA) using WCF. Students should be experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1, as well as cursory familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 for Windows client or Web application development.