This course covers the fundamentals of Illustrator CS6, which is used primarily to work with vector-based graphics. After getting familiar with the Illustrator CS6 environment, students will learn how to create a simple illustration by creating and manipulating shapes and by drawing and editing paths. Students will also learn how to apply color, gradients, and transparency. They will then learn how to work with text and layers.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Start Illustrator and explore the Illustrator environment, navigate an Illustrator document, and use the Adobe Help.
- Create and save a new document, draw basic shapes, manipulate basic shapes to make complex shapes, and export an illustration.
- Adjust fill and stroke colors for shapes, adjust basic stroke options, and use the Eyedropper tool to sample colors.
- Embed raster images in an Illustrator document for the purpose of tracing them, draw shapes and paths by using the Pencil tool and the Pen tool, and select and edit paths.
- Use text tools to insert text into illustrations, manipulate text, and convert type to outlined shapes.
- Create new layers and organize them in the Layers panel, and manipulate layers by renaming layers, duplicating layers, and deleting layers.
- Import swatch libraries, open preset swatch libraries, export a swatch library, create and adjust gradients, and adjust transparency for items.
- Flow type through linked type containers and wrap text around items, set and format tabs, insert typographic characters, use character and paragraph styles, check spelling, find and replace text in a document, and manage fonts.
- CertBlaster preparation and materials also included.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities
Classroom Training- 1 Day
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn the basics of using Illustrator CS6 to create graphics for use in print, or in other media. Students will get the most out of this course if their goal is to become proficient in using Illustrator CS6 to create simple and complex shapes, add color and text to illustrations, and modify and group items in illustrations.