This course will teach students fundamental concepts, terminology, and the basic features of Adobe InDesign CS6. Students will learn how to create documents, place text and graphics, and create custom color swatches. Students will also learn how to work with master pages and multi-page documents. In addition, students will learn how to format text, apply styles, work with threaded text frames, position and group objects, and work with layers. Finally, students will print documents, create print presets, create a PDF file, and package documents for commercial printing.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Start Adobe InDesign, explore elements of the environment, set preferences and defaults, and use InDesign Help.
- Create a document preset and create a new document; create and place text; place graphics and other InDesign pages, and work with color swatches.
- Position elements precisely using guides and the Control panel, and use master pages.
- Thread text between text frames, add jump lines, and adjust the number of columns in a text frame; use the Paragraph Formatting Controls to apply paragraph formatting; use
- Find/Change to replace formatting; and create and edit paragraph and character styles.
- Position text in text frames and format frame edges; place Photoshop images to documents, adjust text wraps, modify graphics, and nest frames; group items and manipulate items within a group; and create layers and assign objects to them.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Classroom Training- 1 Day
This course is designed for students who want to use Adobe InDesign to create professional documents and print layouts. Students taking this course should have little or no experience using Adobe InDesign. Students will get the most out of this course if their goal is to learn how to use Adobe InDesign CS6 to create professional print documents and publications.