This course builds on the concepts and skills taught in Adobe Photoshop CS6 Introduction. In this course, students will learn how to use color fills, gradients, patterns, and overlays. Students will also create layer masks, grayscale masks, and clipping masks to show or hide various parts of an image. Students will then learn how to create and edit paths and convert type to paths. In addition, students will learn how to apply a variety of creative effects, use the Vanishing Point feature and Smart Filters. Finally, students will learn how to work more efficiently in Photoshop.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Add colors to the Swatches palette; apply colors to selections and as fill layers; apply patterns and gradients; use the Preset Manager to save presets; and apply colors and gradients by using overlay layer styles.
- Paint in Quick Mask mode and in an alpha channel to specify a selection; create layer masks to hide layer content; create grayscale masks to partially mask part of an image; and use a clipping mask to conform one layer to the shape of another.
- Use the path tools and commands to create and edit vector paths; use paths to create vector masks and clipping paths; convert type to paths and wrap type along a path; and use paths to create vector-based artwork.
- Use painting tools, filters, and blending modes to simulate different media; warp text and layers; group layers and create Smart Objects; edit images by using the Vanishing Point filter; apply Smart Filters and mask Smart Filter effects; and create layer comps.
- Use the Actions palette to record, play, and edit actions; display actions as buttons and organize actions into action sets; use actions to batch-process images; and customize keyboard shortcuts and menus
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Classroom Training- 1 Day
The target student for this course is familiar with the basics of using Adobe Photoshop to create and modify digital images, and wants to learn additional techniques for creating image effects.