In this course, students will learn about image copyright, identify the components of the Photoshop environment, learn about the differences between raster and vector graphics, and learn how to use Adobe Bridge. Students will explore various methods of selecting image areas and will learn how to modify and manipulate selections. In addition, students will learn how to work with text, layers, and layer effects; how to adjust, retouch, and resize images; and how to prepare images for printing and the Web.
After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Identify the attributes of raster and vector graphics, customize the Photoshop environment, open and navigate within images in Photoshop and Adobe Bridge, and use Photoshop Help.
- Use several selection tools to select image areas, and modify and manipulate selections.
- Create layers; arrange and transform layers; create Type layers; and use opacity, layer blending modes, and layer styles to apply effects to layer contents.
- Switch among Photoshop’s image modes, adjust an image’s hue, saturation, and vibrance, use the Adjustments panel to create adjustment layers, and use the Levels command to adjust image contrast.
- Repair image defects, paint in an image, erase complex background areas, and apply filters to a layer or selection.
- Determine an image’s resolution and dimensions, resize images with and without re-sampling, and use the Crop tool and the Canvas Size command to change an image’s canvas size.
- Use the Save for Web & Devices command to save a copy of an image optimized for Web use; use the Save As command to save a copy of an image in a format for print use; add metadata and keywords to images and create metadata templates; use Photo Downloader to import images from a camera or memory card.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
Classroom Training- 1 Day
The target student for this course is someone who is familiar with computers and who wants to use Adobe Photoshop to create and modify digital images, such as digital-camera images or scanned photographs or artwork. After completing this course, the student will be able to use Photoshop CS6 to select part of an image, combine images, adjust image color and contrast, retouch photographs, and prepare images for print and Web media.