Registrar of Voters Certification Exam
This is an open book exam. You may bring your class handouts.
For your convenience, we have posted all of the course materials on our website.
The exam is a group of 50 questions. The format is true or false and multiple choice.
Passing grade is 70% or better.
You must arrive at least 15 minutes before the exam.
Late arrivals will not be admitted.NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please bring at least 2- Number 2 pencils.
Each ROV will receive a hardcopy of the exam and a Scantron sheet. You must print your name on each document.
You must record your answer on each document.
You have up to 2 hours to complete the exam.
You must hand in the completed questionnaire and Scantron sheet.
Delivery Method: Proctor led, classroom. (2 Hours)
Office of the Secretary of the State
State of Connecticut
30 Trinity Street, 2nd floor
Hartford, CT 06106
Click here for directions.
Enter directions on GPS to: The State Office Building located at 165 Capitol Ave, Hartford, CT 06106
You may only park in the parking lot that is directly behind the building (which is on the East side of the dividing wall).
Click HERE for the parking map.The two entrances for the parking lot are on Capitol Ave and on Buckingham St. However, as of 5/11/17, due to new construction in and around the parking lot, the entrance options have changed. You must enter the lot through the Capitol Ave (lower half of the parking lot) entrance (which is across the street from the church parking lot). Please refer to the parking map by clicking HERE.
Please Note: The Security Gaurd will have a list of confirmed attendees for each exam session and will only grant access to park in this lot, if your Certification Exam registration has been confirmed. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please note there is limited parking and parking spaces are subject to availability.
The test location, 30 Trinity Street, Hartford, CT 06106, is two blocks/ a 5 minute walk away from this parking lot.
Additional Notes - Please Read Below
- Carefully select the date and time for your exam. Due to limited availability we will be unable to re-schedule any missed/cancelled exam dates for a minimum of 90 days.NO EXCEPTIONS.
- In order to sit for the exam, all certification courses must be paid for. Do not register for the exam if your account balance is not current. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- There will be two sessions offered for each exam date:10AM-12Pm and 2PM-4PM. Please be sure to register for the intended session.
- Registrations for each exam date, will close 5 business days prior to the date at 10AM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Payment must be received for your exam 5 business days prior to your exam date. NO EXCEPTIONS.