CT Information Technology Institute Covid-19 Safety Protocols
CITI has developed a comprehensive plan to accommodate both staff and clients in our designated facilities. These include:
- Reduction of staff in the office at any one time.
- Plexiglas barriers.
- Reminder signs to socially distance from each other.
- Increased ventilation.
- Increased frequency of cleaning in the facility.
- Sanitizing and cleaning supplies including hand sanitizer stations.
- PPE including disposable face masks and gloves available to clients and instructors as needed.
Computer Lab Spaces:
- All group training computer labs have a reduced number of students allowed.
- Independent online learning will be offered individually in separate rooms.
- In-person: Both group training and use of our private rooms for individual training can be done on site
- On-line: Individual training can be done from home as long as the proper computer requirements are met.
- On-line: Group training – our instructor-led group training courses are also offered as live-streaming via video conferencing software. The instructor will be teaching the course to both in-person and online students simultaneously.
On-Campus Attendees Information:
Anyone who plans to come to campus for training or other purposes such as meetings, will have to follow University of Connecticut’s safety protocols. Please see below for more details and requirements.
University of Connecticut Stamford Campus Safety Protocols:
The University of Connecticut has instituted safety protocols for all students, staff, faculty and outside visitors to campus.
Students, Staff and Faculty:
- Covid-19 testing for all those entering the campus routinely will be required.
- Reduction in campus density has been implemented to keep all attendees safe.
- Staff and faculty are encouraged to continue a work-from-home protocol.
- Most undergraduate and graduate classes are offered online or by hybrid mode.
Further information on reopening of UConn’s campuses is available here: https://reopen.uconn.edu/health-safety/
Visitor Specific Information:
All visitors to UConn’s Stamford campus need to be pre-approved by the department you wish to visit. No walk-ins will be allowed.
Entering the UConn Stamford campus:
The Stamford campus is closed to the general public. To enter the facility please use the main doors at the corner of Franklin St. and Broad St.
Security will greet you and direct you to the CITI offices once you have checked in.
- All guests/clients visits are to be scheduled in advance. No walk-ins will be allowed. Contact CITI first for pre-approval: firstname.lastname@example.org is the preferred contact method.
- You will be emailed a safety check form (fillable .pdf) for completion prior to entrance to the building. The University of Connecticut asks you to self-report any possible symptoms related to Covid-19 infection.
- Once completed you will be listed as a guest and allowed entry to the facility upon presentation of identification.
- You must wear a mask at all times while in the facility. If you do not have one, you’ll be provided one.
- You will need to follow all safety rules implemented by UConn, including the use of masks, social distancing protocols and posted directions.
These measures, along with the others described above, are intended to keep both you safe as well as the staff and students. We appreciate your cooperation which allows us a safe return to campus.