You've covered many of the basic functions of Microsoft® Office Access® 2016, and now you're ready to learn advanced Access features such as database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multi-user access, and more. Knowledge of these features separate database professionals from the casual database users or occasional designers. Today's training added to that which you have gained from the Access® 2016 Introduction course, rounds out your Access education and provides you with marketable job skills.
In this course, you will learn to create and manage a fundamental Access 2016 database. You will:
- Customize a form layout to improve usability and efficiency of data entry.
- Share data across applications.
- Use macros to improve user interface design.
- Use VBA to enhance tasks.
- Organize data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- Lock down and prepare a database for distribution to multiple users.
- Create and modify a database switchboard and set the startup options.
On-Line Live classroom (OLL) - 2 Days
This course requires a desktop/laptop set up. A dual monitor display is recommended for an enhanced learning experience.
Classes can be done at UConn CITI's Stamford campus or remotely.
Students taking this course are database administrators or prospective database administrators who have experience working with Access 2016 and need to learn advanced skills.
This course is also designed for students who are preparing for the Microsoft® Office Specialist certification and who want to prepare for the Microsoft Office Access 2016 Exam #77-730.