Data is everywhere. Whether you are at the grocery store, office, laboratory, classroom, or ballpark, you are awash in data: prices, schedules, performance measures, lab results, recipes, contact information, quality metrics, market indices, grades, and statistics.
In this course, students will use Access 2016 to manage their data, including creating a new database; constructing tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter, and sort data.
In this course, you will create and manage an Access 2016 database. You will:
- Navigate within the Microsoft Access application environment, create a simple database, and customize Access configuration options.
- Organize and manage data stored within Access tables.
- Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables.
- Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data.
- Create and format custom reports.
On-Line Live classroom (OLL) - 2 Days
This course requires a desktop/laptop set up. A dual monitor display is recommended for an enhanced learning experience.
Classes can be done at UConn CITI's Stamford campus or remotely.
This course is designed for students who wish to establish a foundational understanding of Microsoft Office Access 2016, including the skills necessary to create a new database, construct data tables, design forms and reports, and create queries.
This course is also designed for students who are preparing for the Microsoft® Office Specialist certification and who want to prepare for the Microsoft Office Access 2016 Exam #77-730.