Adobe® Photoshop® CC: Part 1 focuses on some of the basic features of Photoshop so that the student can navigate the environment and use Photoshop tools to work with photographic images. In addition, the orientation to Adobe® Bridge and organization of files in Bridge is covered. Although Photoshop is used by a variety of professionals, from photographers to designers to videographers, Photoshop Part 1 will focus mainly on the photography component. The illustration and animation techniques are covered in subsequent levels of Photoshop. This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE): Photoshop CC exam and the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop CC exam.
This course will prepare you to use the most common basic features of Adobe Photoshop CC. In this course, you will:
- Identify the components and capabilities of Photoshop CC.
- Create basic images.
- Manage selections and layers.
- Modify and repair images, and manage color.
- Refine images by adjusting layers, using camera raw, and applying advanced image refinement.
- Import, export, organize, and save files.
- Use brushes, gradients, and tool presets to create raster images.
- Apply vector paths, shape drawing tools, type, and type special effects.
- Apply advanced layer techniques with masks, filters, layers, and smart objects.
- Apply actions and batch processing to automate tasks.
- Edit video by using timelines, transitions, graphics, titles, and animation.
- Set project requirements by identifying the purpose, audience, copyright rules, and project management tasks.
Virtual Instructor Led Training
This course requires a desktop/laptop set up. A dual monitor display is recommended for an enhanced learning experience.
Classes can be done at UConn CITI's Stamford campus or remotely.
Target students include professional or amateur photographers who want to use the robust features of Photoshop to enhance, modify, and organize their photographs, and anyone interested in working toward the Visual Communications with Adobe Photoshop CC certification.