In this course, you'll learn how to use Word 2019 to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents. Microsoft® Word 2019 is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Word 2019 skills, such as creating, editing, and formatting documents; inserting simple tables and creating lists; and employing a variety of techniques for improving the appearance and accuracy of document content.
Student will learn the following in the this course:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs.- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
On-Line Live classroom (OLL) - 1 Day
This course requires a desktop/laptop set up. A dual monitor display is recommended for an enhanced learning experience. Classes can be done at UConn CITI's Stamford campus or remotely.