Maintaining Certification prerequisites:
- Registrar, Deputy or Permanent Assistant.
- Certified Elections Moderator.
- Attended 6 or more SOTS Conferences in 4 years.
- Successfully completed the Registrar of Voter's certification, 8 section courses and final exam.
Maintaining Certification requirements:
- Must take at least 8 hours of maintaining certification training one year from the certification final exam.
- Must be re-certified every year. Please refer to the Act below.
" The act requires registrars to complete at least eight hours of training per year to maintain their certification. The secretary of the state must prescribe the training, and either she or a third party she approves must conduct it. The secretary must direct a registrar who fails to fulfill the annual training requirement to “take remedial measures,” which she must prescribe" (An Act Strengthening The State's Elections, 2015, §§ 1 & 2 — Training and Certification).
CRCTC Approved Uconn Courses:
- Microsoft Office Essentials and Office Productivity
- Using Your Election Resources: How to Find the Information You Need
- Selected Topics in Election Procedures
CRCTC Approved Courses:
- University of Minnesota, Election Administration Courses
Approved ROVAC Conference Courses:
- Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 - ROVAC Conference Courses